- produced or conducted by two or more parties working together.
“When you need to innovate, you need collaboration.” – Marissa Mayer
Right now more than ever we need to be able to innovate if we are going to be able to keep our businesses functioning. Innovation requires that we become more collaborative with one another to speed the process. Many minds make quick work.
Having a network of people who are willing to come together to support each other in a collaborative way will and does create more business success for each person in the cohort.
In order to be able to put a team together who are willing to collaborate you need to follow a few key principals.
- Have vision that you can share with your team of collaborators
- Have a diversity of strengths in the group
- Build relationships with the team members
- Make sure everyone understands the expectations of the group
- Do what you say you are going to do, be accountable to the group
- Celebrate your successes along the way and at the end of the project
With the speed of change and the massive amount of pivoting that has had to happen in the last 10 months, it is more important that ever to be able to get the people in your network to pull together to help one another. Now is not the time to be the lone wolf trying to figure it out all on your own, now is the time to rely on your network not just for business but to help you reimagine your business. Be Collaborative