Here are ten solid reasons to keep your BNI membership during this difficult time!
Life has taken a dramatic turn recently; we could not have predicted the dramatic turn for ourselves or our businesses. But here we are! Our businesses have had to be nimble and pivot if we are going to survive and thrive.
For many of us, we have spent considerable time building our reliable network and investing in the network, strengthening it, so that when things are tough it is there to support and help us all. On the other hand, there are a great many people who do not have a network and have not invested the time to build relationships of trust that can support them through hard times.
If you are a BNI member you have a network that has been built with the philosophy of GIVER GAIN and they are prepared to help one another. So suddenly I am getting calls from members who are asking me why they should stay in their BNI chapter when they are no longer seeing their clients nor can they take on any new clients. When I ask them what they are going to do instead they have no answer. They can see no value to going online and meeting with the people who are still doing business. However, there is no better time for you to be with your network and here are 10 reasons why you want to be in the room with your network of business professionals!
- Being in business alone is hard, when things are not working you need a group of people who can help you rethink your business.
- When we are back to normal and businesses are reopened there will be lot of people in your profession who will be opening their doors all at the same time and competing with one other, you will have a head start because you have a network that is still identifying clients for you in the future.
- Now is the time to educate yourself around your ideal target market and hone up your networking skills.
- Teach your fellow members how to refer to you and who your ideal clients are.
- Pick up the phone and call your clients and ask them this question, is there anything that you need that I or my network can help you with at this time? You will be able to generate referrals for you fellow members.
- Ask your network to support your social media sites with testimonials, share your content, get recommendations.
- Bring visitors and guests to meet your network. Each person you bring is either a source of new leads or referrals.
- Go to your social media and let people know you have a powerful network of business professional who could help them if they need anything, this will help you find referrals for your network.
- Ask your network to mastermind business with you, they can help you with new ideas for your business.
- We all need people around us who are positive and supportive and your BNI members and directors are there to help you, listen to you and brainstorm with you.
Now is not the time to give up. Now is not the time to pull the blankets up over your head. Now is not the time to give up on yourself, or your fellow members or your business. Get up, get dressed, put your smile on, and show up ready to do the work to secure your success when this is all over. Your members will remember that you hung in there, supported and helped them, when you did not have the ability to get business. They will remember you, and your credibility will rise unlike anything else you could do!
This Walker This Way video explains why you should keep showing up to your BNI meetings!